These reference designs are included in DSP Builder version 8.0 or later. The use of these designs are governed by, and subject to, the terms and conditions of the Altera Hardware Reference Design License Agreement.
The WCDMA digital upconverter (DUC) and digital downconverter (DDC) reference designs demonstrate how system architects and hardware designers can accelerate the design of DUC and DDC functions for WCDMA basestations using Altera® devices, tools, and intellectual property (IP). The designs are based on the DSP Builder advanced blockset technology and illustrate how the tool significantly increases productivity while delivering high-performance, cost-effective digital IF designs.
- DSP Builder advanced blockset-based design methodology significantly reduces development time
- Multichannel filter design techniques to achieve cost-effective solutions
- Support for multiple transmit and receive antenna configurations
Easily modifiable to support scalable channel bandwidths and macro and picocell base transceiver
Demonstrated Altera Technology
- FIR = Finite impulse response
- NCO = Numerically controlled oscillator
- CIC = Cascaded integrator-comb
- AN 544: Digital IF Modem Design with the DSP Builder Advanced Blockset (PDF)
- 3G Infrastructure Solutions
Reference Designs Disclaimer
These reference design illustrations may be used within Altera Corporation devices only and remain the copyrighted property of Altera. They are being provided on an "as-is" basis and as an accommodation, and therefore all warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind (whether express, implied, or statutory) including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, or fitness for a particular purpose, are specifically disclaimed. Altera expressly does not recommend, suggest, or require that these examples be used in combination with any other product not provided by Altera.