The use of this design is governed by, and subject to, the terms and conditions of the Altera Hardware Reference Design License Agreement.
Most PCI chips and cores only implement the minimum PCI bus interface signaling. This leaves the burden of connectivity, performance, and system compatibility on the designer. This reference design illustrates how you can enhance the Altera® pci_t32 MegaCore® function to provide a set of advanced features to provide the best possible performance and flexibility to simplify the design. The design implements a 32-bit 66-MHz local bus.
- PCI local bus specification r2.2 vital product data configuration support
- Flexible local bus provides 32-bit multiplexed or non-multiplexed protocol for 8-, 16-, or 32-bit peripheral and memory devices
- Nine programmable general-purpose I/O pins
- Five programmable local address spaces
- Four programmable chip selects
- Programmable local bus wait states
- Two programmable local-to-PCI interrupts
- Endian byte swapping
- Local address remap
Demonstrated Altera Technology
Figure 1. PCI to Local Bridge Reference Design Block Diagram
- MAX II devices
- Altera PCI MegaCore functions
- Reduce System Costs by Integrating PCI Interface Functions Into CPLDs White Paper (PDF)
Dexcel Electronics Designs (P) Ltd,
Unit 505, Carlton Towers,
#1, Airport Road
Bangalore 560008, India.
Reference Designs Disclaimer
These reference design illustrations remain the copyrighted property of Altera or its licensors and may be used within Altera Corporation devices only. They are being provided on an "as-is" basis and as an accommodation, and therefore all warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind (whether express, implied, or statutory) including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, or fitness for a particular purpose, are specifically disclaimed. Altera expressly does not recommend, suggest, or require that these examples be used in combination with any other product not provided by Altera.