The use of this design is governed by, and subject to, the terms and conditions of the Altera Hardware Reference Design License Agreement.
The XS4 (XAUI SPI-4.2) Bridge from MorethanIP provides a cost effective and integrated solution to bridge an SPI4.2 interface to a XAUI interface. The XS4 Bridge provides a generic solution to meet multiple design requirements such as device bridging (e.g., NPU to Ethernet Switch), serial backplane applications, and Packet over SONET/SDH (POS) or Ethernet over SONET/SDH (EOS) applications. The MAC also implements a HiGig mode, which can used to interface with broadcom switches. Features include:
- MAC layer and reconciliation sub-layer implementation compliant with IEEE 802.3ae specification with HiGig Mode to interface broadcom switch devices
- Bridge can be delivered with a XGMII or a XAUI interface
- Large embedded FIFO buffers with automatic flow control with pause frame generation from programmable congestion thresholds
- SPI-4.2 interface compliant with PMC-Sierra PMC-1991635 specification document with 16-bit LVDS DDR operating at rates of 800 Mbps per pin
- Complete set of error event counters providing application management and application monitoring accessible via host processor interface
Demonstrated Altera Technology
Reference Designs Disclaimer
These reference design illustrations remain the copyrighted property of Altera or its licensors and may be used within Altera Corporation devices only. They are being provided on an "as-is" basis and as an accommodation, and therefore all warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind (whether express, implied, or statutory) including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, or fitness for a particular purpose, are specifically disclaimed. Altera expressly does not recommend, suggest, or require that these examples be used in combination with any other product not provided by Altera.