A dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A9 MPCoreTM processor is the heart of the Cyclone® V SoC, Arria® V SoC, and Arria® 10 SoC. All three devices make use of the same high performance processor, but with increased clock speeds and performance in the Arria V SoC and even moreso in the Arria 10 SoC. Because the three devices use essentially the same processor, the Cyclone V SoC can effectively be used for early prototyping and software development for systems based on any of the three SoC variants.
- Get the latest product documentation on the Arria V SoC
- Get the latest product documentation on the Cyclone V SoC
- Get the latest product documentation on the Arria 10 SoC
- Register to receive automatic product updates by email by contacting your local sales representative
The hardware design flow for the Altera SoC includes configuring the hard processor system (HPS) and adding logic to the FPGA portion of the device. The Qsys system integration tool, part of the Quartus® Prime design software, performs both tasks. Qsys automatically generates an optimized network on a chip (NoC) within the FPGA, including interfaces to the HPS, to create a custom system on a chip (SoC).
- Learn about the Qsys system integration tool
- Learn about the Quartus Prime design software
- Download the Quartus Prime design software (includes Qsys)
SoCs leverage the rich ARM® embedded software ecosystem including operating systems, middleware, and software development tools.
- Learn more about the embedded software tools available for SoCs with the integrated ARM CortexTM-A9 MPCoreTM processor