The Acceleration Stack for Intel® Xeon® CPU with FPGAs allows software developers to leverage the power of FPGAs much more easily than before. A core component is the FPGA Interface Manager, which provides performance-optimized connectivity between an Intel FPGA and an Intel Xeon processor. The FPGA can be directly transacted on with the Intel Acceleration Engine with OPAE Technology, which provides thread-safe application programming interfaces (APIs) that can be called from within virtual machines and containers. This relieves developers of crafting customized drivers and debugging interfaces, enabling them to focus on their core expertise – algorithm development – and develop their solutions faster and with greater confidence.
The Intel Programmable Acceleration Card with Intel Arria® 10 GX FPGA further simplifies the use of FPGAs in servers. The card contains a networking interface for accelerating workloads such as streaming analytics and video transcoding and dedicated banks of DDR4 memory with error correction. This card also includes the FPGA Interface Manager, and seamlessly pairs with an Intel Xeon processor over the PCIe* bus.
Together, the Acceleration Stack for Intel Xeon CPU with FPGAs and the Intel Programmable Acceleration Card with Intel Arria 10 GX FPGA provide developers with the ability to harness the power of FPGA acceleration with an unprecedented productivity suite to match the growing demands on data centers.
- Read the Intel NewsByte: Intel FPGA Acceleration of Enterprise Workloads goes Mainstream in Top Tier OEM Servers
- Read the blog: Supercharging Data Center Performance while Lowering TCO: Versatile Application Acceleration with FPGAs
- Start designing today with Intel Acceleration Stack for Intel Xeon CPU with FPGAs
- Learn more about the Intel Programmable Acceleration Card with Intel Arria 10 GX FPGA
- Read about the Intel Xeon processor family
- New to FPGAs? Read an Overview of FPGAs
- Learn about Intel FPGAs
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.