In 3 minutes, see how FPGAs enable Industry 4.0 and IoT across a wide variety of industrial applications like Industrial automation, smart energy and intelligent vision.
From factory and process automation to energy infrastructure and machine vision systems, your industrial products help improve our world. Your products have to be safe, reliable, adaptable, and built to last. At the same time, business success requires you act quickly to differentiate in a highly competitive market while driving down total cost.
With Intel's innovative programmable solutions at the heart of your industrial designs, you are equipped to tackle the key challenges:
- Adapting quickly and cost-effectively to evolving end markets and standards
- Meeting diverse and escalating performance requirements across product lines
- Lowering system development and bill-of-materials cost through increased design integration
Today’s FPGAs and SoCs from Altera offer unprecedented integration capabilities alongside inherent hardware and software flexibility and performance advantages. This silicon convergence delivers application-class ARM® Cortex™-A9 processors, state-of-the-art transceivers, and memory controllers integrated with high-performance programmable logic fabric.
Intel FPGA and SoC platforms enable the cost-effective realization of complete industrial applications such as drives, solar inverters, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), or camera-based surveillance machine vision systems in a single device. Increased performance and integration of discrete devices can reduce both material and development costs. Standardization on a single platform across product lines and adjacent applications can significantly reduce schedule and obsolescence risks. Productivity with advanced high-level software and system development tools provide optimal partitioning and design reuse to reduce time to market and preserve development methodology investments.
From the low-cost Altera MAX 10 family through the mid-range Cyclone V and Cyclone V SoC to high-end Arria and Stratix families of FPGA and SoC devices for industrial applications with a committed ARM processor based roadmap, Altera demonstrates its commitment to the industrial market with an unparalleled breadth of product offerings. System level benefits include reduced system cost, platform scalability and software continuity, resulting in lower development costs and protection of investment.
With tailored solutions for automation, energy and vision markets, Altera is firmly aligned for the long-haul with long term industrial growth drivers of energy efficiency, operational productivity & safety, asset monitoring and internet of things. Altera solution focus encompasses the enabling of lower energy costs and transmission losses, sustainability and lower emissions, production efficiency, reduced downtimes, longer lifetimes and autonomous control & M2M with highly secure enterprise-integration. Altera’s committed investment in industrial solutions of automation, control, connectivity and analytics ensure for you that Altera will be a trusted supplier in the industrial marketplace for the long term.
Intel is focused on key industrial segments. Altera industrial solutions address the following key industrial segments, among others:
- Automation: Motor Drives, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and I/O, IEC61508 Functional Safety, Industrial Networking
- Smart Energy: Generation Transmission and Distribution, Exploration, HSR/PRP
- Vision: Surveillance, machine Vision, IP cameras, Video Connectivity and DVR
- Building Automation: Building Control and Security
- Internet of Things (IoT): M2M Communications, Sensor Fusion, Data Analytics
Intel has wide experience in fulfilling industrial customer needs. Our depth and breadth of experience in industrial markets provides us with key insights into industrial customer requirements. Specifically, Altera is focused on enabling you to meet key industrial challenges:
- Supporting long product life-cycles
- Reduced Time to Market: Serviceability, Feature Agility and Field Upgrades
- Differentiation at lower platform development costs through CPU integration, scalability and reuse of software and IP across product lines
- Lowering system costs through the integration of multiple devices, reducing component and board costs and component End-of-Life risks
- Quality, Reliability, Security and Safety
Demonstrating its commitment to the Industrial marketplace, Altera leads the competition in providing the industry's longest life-cycles for our products.
Typical product life cycles for Altera devices is 15+ years, demonstrating a strong track record of reducing EOL induced obsolescence risk for our customers.