BittWare's S5-PCIe (S5PE) is a PCIe x8 card based on the high-bandwidth, power-efficient Altera Stratix V GX or GS FPGA. Designed for high-end applications, the Stratix V provides a high level of system integration and flexibility for I/O, routing, and processing. The S5PE is a flexible and efficient solution for high-performance network and signal processing. The board provides up to 16 GB of DDR3 SDRAM with optional error-correcting codes (ECC). It also provides two front-panel QSFP+ cages for serial I/O, which support 10G per lane direct to the FPGA for reduced latency, making it ideal for high frequency trading and networking applications. The S5PE also features a Board Management Controller (BMC) for advanced system monitoring, which greatly simplifies platform management.
- High density Altera Stratix V GX/GS FPGA
- 2 QSFP+ cages allows dual 40GigE or 8 10GigE interfaces direct to the FPGA for lowest possible latency
- Up to 16 GB of DDR3 SDRAM with optional ECC
- PCIe x8 interface supporting Gen1, Gen2, or Gen3
- Utility I/O includes: USB 2.0, RS-232, and JTAG; Expansion site for I/O
- Altera Quartus II software
- FPGA Development Kit
- BittWorks II Toolkit : host, command, and debug tools for BittWare hardware; source code porting kit also available
- Board Management Controller for Intelligent Platform Management
Board Quality Metrics
|Latest version of Quartus supported||15.1|
|Required Collateral Available|
|Reliability / Quality Assurance|
Defects per Million Opportunities (DPMO)
|Parts per Million (PPM)||N/A|
|Return Material Authorization (RMA) Policy||Contact BittWare.|
|CE Compliant||N. This is a system spec only.|
|Conflict Mineral Policy Compliant
|Test Plan Summary|
BittWare offers complete software support for the S5PE with its BittWorks II software tools. Designed to make developing and debugging applications for BittWare's boards easy and efficient, the Toolkit is a collection of libraries and applications that provides the glue between the host application and the hardware.
|ISO 9000 & 9001
Design Solutions Network Members provide products and/or services that are sold or licensed by the Member and not Altera or its affiliates. Altera and its affiliates hereby disclaim any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, noninfringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose with respect to any such products and/or services.