BittWare's S5-PCIe-DS (S5PE-DS) is a PCIe x16 card featuring two high-bandwidth, power-efficient Altera Stratix V GX or GS FPGAs. Designed for high-end applications, the Stratix V provides a high level of system integration and flexibility for I/O, routing, and processing. The S5PE-DS provides up to 64 GBytes of DDR3 SDRAM as well as options for RLDRAM3 and QDRII+. Providing additional flexibility are four front-panel QSFP cages, allowing 4 40GigE interfaces, 16 10GigE, or 4 QDR/FDR InfiniBand interfaces direct to the FPGAs built in PHYs for the lowest possible latency. With almost 2 million logic elements available (952,000 per FPGA), the board is ideal for high-performance computing, and with the reduced latency provided by the network interfaces, ideal for high frequency trading, military/government agency secure communications, and network processing applications.
- PCIe x16 interface supporting Gen1, Gen2, or Gen3
- Eight SATA connectors, up to 6 Gbps each; Timestamping support; Utility I/O includes: USB 2.0, RS-232, and JTAG
- Memory options: up to 64 GBytes of DDR3 SDRAM with ECC up to 4 GBytes RLDRAM3 up to 144 MBytes QDRII+
- Two high-density Altera Stratix V GX/GS FPGAs
- Four QSFP+ cages for 4 40GigE, 16 10GigE, or 4 QDR/FDR InfiniBand direct to the FPGAs
- FPGA Development Kit
- Board Management Controller for Intelligent Platform Management
- BittWorks II Toolkit : host, command, and debug tools for BittWare hardware; source code porting kit also available
- Altera Quartus� II software
Board Quality Metrics
|Latest version of Quartus supported||15.1|
|Required Collateral Available|
|Reliability / Quality Assurance|
Defects per Million Opportunities (DPMO)
|Parts per Million (PPM)||0|
|Return Material Authorization (RMA) Policy||Contact BittWare.|
|CE Compliant||N. This is a system spec.|
|Conflict Mineral Policy Compliant
|Test Plan Summary|
BittWare offers complete software support for the S5PE-DS with its BittWorks II software tools. Designed to make developing and debugging applications for BittWare's boards easy and efficient, the Toolkit is a collection of libraries and applications that provides the glue between the host application and the hardware.
|ISO 9000 & 9001
Design Solutions Network Members provide products and/or services that are sold or licensed by the Member and not Altera or its affiliates. Altera and its affiliates hereby disclaim any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, noninfringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose with respect to any such products and/or services.