The 3DR-A10-GPGPU module follows the 3DR topology, so it can be used in combination with other 3DR-compatible boards to add parallel processing power to a system. The AMD GE420CIAJ44HM APU and the Radeon E8860 GPU can deliver nearly 1 TFLOPS when combined. The Arria 10 can deliver an additional 900 GFLOPS. A 2-link, 4GB Hybrid Memory Cube connects to the FPGA providing an aggregate memory bandwidth of 120 GB/s. Off-board connectivity includes PCIe Gen3, LVDS, and SERDES in all three dimensions as well as one GbE port (APU) and one 10/100 Ethernet (K61), JTAG, and USB-to-UART. The variety of available standard interfaces promotes network connectivity with a wide range of third party systems and subsystems. This includes commercially available switches and routers and promotes the integration of a system-of-systems in a net-centric environment. The 3DR standard microcontroller architecture is interfaced through the I2C bus to provide FPGA, APU, GPU, and PCIe switch temperature as well as voltage and current monitoring for automatic shut-down during critical over-heat and/or voltage conditions. As with all modules which follow the 3DR topology, the GPU module supports 3-D connectivity, allowing the user to stack and/or tile modules to address a wide variety of processing, I/O, size, weight, and power requirements.
- Graphics Processor Unit: Radeon E8860 discrete chip with 2 GB GDDR5 of embedded memory. Capable of 768 GFLOPS with 640 shaders and 2 MB of SPI boot fl
- Accelerated Processor Unit (APU): AMD GE420CIAJ44HM with quad core x86 2.0GHz CPU cores as well as integrated GPU cores with 4 GB DDR3 up to 1333 Mb/s
- FPGA: Altera Arria 10, 10AX115U3F45I2SG with 2-Link, 4GB Hybrid Memory Cube. Arria 10 capable of 900 GFLOPS.
- Provides 3D connectivity via PCIe, LVDS, and SerDes with 214.2 GB/sec of bandwidth available per module.
- Additional I/O support available via Gigabit Ethernet, JTAG, and USB-to-UART.
- Board Support Package (BSP) includes VHDL & Verilog Wrappers
Board Quality Metrics
|Latest version of Quartus supported||15.1|
|Required Collateral Available|
|Reliability / Quality Assurance|
Defects per Million Opportunities (DPMO)
|Parts per Million (PPM)||N/A|
|Return Material Authorization (RMA) Policy||Contact CEI for more information|
|CE Compliant||N. N/A|
|Conflict Mineral Policy Compliant
|Test Plan Summary|
Contact CEI for more information
|ISO 9000 & 9001
Design Solutions Network Members provide products and/or services that are sold or licensed by the Member and not Altera or its affiliates. Altera and its affiliates hereby disclaim any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, noninfringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose with respect to any such products and/or services.