Board Category: COTS

Components & Interface: Industry Standard: Ethernet, RS232

End Market: Computer & Storage, Industrial, Military

Technology: DSP

Board Feature: General User IO: LED

Arria Series: Arria 10: Arria 10 GX

Stratix Series: Stratix V: Stratix V GX

Overview

The Ensemble FCN8213 combines the general purpose processing capabilities of a dual Intel Xeon E5 server architecture with FPGA co-processing from an Altera Arria 10 or Stratix 10 FPGA device. By combining I/O, FPGA co-processing, and general-purpose Intel processing in a single ATCA blade, Mercury delivers a unique capability to the ATCA marketplace. The board supports unrestricted 40 Gb/s Ethernet and InfiniBand FDR10 fabric bandwidth to deliver scalable and unmatched general processing horsepower. Four QSFP fiber optic interfaces delivers streaming I/O to the front-panel of the module and an additional four x4 I/O interfaces to the Zone 3 user I/O region enables raw sensor data to stream directly into the FPGA. This allows optimized pre-processing and co-processing algorithms to operate on the data before handing it off to the Intel general purpose processing elements. The FPGA features 12 GB of DDR4-2133 memory in 3 banks to support co-processing operations, and is linked to the Intel Xeon processor complex by dual x8 Gen3 PCIe interfaces. The Ensemble FCN8213 brings additional I/O and/or storage capabilities to bear with its configurable AMC mezzanine site. The optimized mechanical cooling technology ensures the highest module and system MTBF even under full throttle, continuous processing conditions.

Order Information

Ordering Code
Pricing
Buy
910-90116-02$Contact UsBuy Now

Development Kit Hardware Contents

• n/a

Development Kit Software Contents

• OpenFDK FPGA Development Kit
  • OpenCL support
  • System Verification Environment (SVE)
  • Linux support package / board support package

Support Document

Board Quality Metrics

Basic
Latest version of Quartus supported 15.1
Required Collateral Available
User Guide Y
Board Schematics N
Reliability / Quality Assurance

Defects per Million Opportunities (DPMO)

N/A
Parts per Million (PPM)
N/A
Board Policy
Return Material Authorization (RMA) Policy A Return Material Authorization Number (RMA#) is required to return any product sold by Mercury Systems (MRCY). An RMA# can be requested by completing the RMA Request on support.mrcy.com
Compliance
RoHS Compliant N
CE Compliant N. Military grade equipment
Conflict Mineral Policy Compliant
Y
Test Plan Summary

The Simulation and Verification Environment (SVE) allows complete end-to-end simulation and design verification for Mercury FPGA-based systems. It is designed to enable application developers to quickly model and verify application logic, dramatically reducing time to market.

Additional Compliance
ISO 9000 & 9001

Design Solutions Network Members provide products and/or services that are sold or licensed by the Member and not Altera or its affiliates. Altera and its affiliates hereby disclaim any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, noninfringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose with respect to any such products and/or services.