Block Diagram

Board Category: COTS

Components & Interface: Industry Standard: Ethernet, RS232, USB Device

End Market: Computer & Storage, Industrial, Military

Technology: DSP

Board Feature: General User IO: LED

Stratix Series: Stratix V: Stratix V GX

Overview

The Ensemble OpenVPX with 4th Generation Intel Quad-Core i7 processor (Haswell mobile class) LDS6525 module combines a powerful mobile class Intel Quad-Core processor, firmware upgradable FPGA (Stratix 5 GX) implemented switch fabrics for unsurpassed fabric data rates, and configurable mezzanine I/O in a single 6U OpenVPX slot. The LDS6525, provides a next-generation architecture that balances the computational capabilities of the AVX2-enabled Core i7 processor with Gen 2 Serial RapidIO or 10 Gigabit Ethernet data paths. The combination provides a powerful and scalable computing architecture that is well aligned with high-end radar, electronic warfare and image processing applications. Intel 4th Generation Core i7 Haswell Mobile-Class Processor. At the heart of the LDS6525 is the Intel 64-bit 4th Generation Core i7-4700EQ processor, running at up to 2.4 GHz. This processor includes Advanced Vector Extensions-2 (AVX2) instruction set which doubles the width of the processor's SIMD The 4700EQ includes a large 6 MB cache shared between the cores, allowing many high-performance calculations to remain cache resident. This accelerates processing by eliminating the potential latency required to access DRAM to fetch upcoming data. The processor supports dual high speed DDR3-1600 memory controllers, providing up to 25 GB/s of raw memory bandwidth. 8 GB of DDR3-DRAM with ECC support is populated on the LDS6525.

Order Information

Ordering Code
Pricing
Buy
910-56xxx-xx $Contact UsBuy Now

Development Kit Hardware Contents

• n/a

Development Kit Software Contents

• OpenFDK FPGA Development Kit
  • System Verification Environment (SVE)
  • OpenCL support
  • Linux support package / board support package

Support Document

File Name
Description
Version
doc-us-dsnbk-277-4104182206-lds6525-datasheet.pdfoverview1

Board Quality Metrics

Basic
Latest version of Quartus supported 15.1
Required Collateral Available
User Guide Y
Board Schematics N
Reliability / Quality Assurance

Defects per Million Opportunities (DPMO)

Parts per Million (PPM)
Board Policy
Return Material Authorization (RMA) Policy A Return Material Authorization Number (RMA#) is required to return any product sold by Mercury Systems (MRCY). An RMA# can be requested by completing the RMA Request on support.mrcy.com
Compliance
RoHS Compliant N
CE Compliant N. Military grade equipment
Conflict Mineral Policy Compliant
Y
Test Plan Summary

Simulation and Verification Environment (SVE) that allows complete end-to-end simulation and design verification for Mercury FPGA-based systems. It is designed to enable application developers to quickly model and verify application logic, dramatically reducing time to market.

Additional Compliance
ISO 9000 & 9001

Design Solutions Network Members provide products and/or services that are sold or licensed by the Member and not Altera or its affiliates. Altera and its affiliates hereby disclaim any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, noninfringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose with respect to any such products and/or services.