Supported Device Family:
Leveraging the benefits of eUSB 3.0/3.1 Gen 1 device controller, eUSB 3.1 Gen 2 is designed using the Intel FPGA built-in 10 Gbps transceiver. It is a one-stop solution for all USB requirements ranging from USB 3.1 to USB 2.0. It supports SuperSpeed+ (SSP), SuperSpeed (SS), High Speed (HS) and Full Speed (FS) communication modes. The Core architecture allows to use minimal pins from FPGA for USB 3.1 interface with better stability. It provides USB 2.0 backward compatibility using an external USB 2.0 ULPI PHY. It has been designed to provide simplicity and flexibility along with highest throughput i.e. >7Gbps. Avalon interface allows to manage the control transfer using software, provides flexibility, while FIFO interface allows to transfer the data over non-control endpoint ensuring highest throughput.
- Supports SuperSpeed+ (SSP) and SuperSpeed (SS) modes
- Uses Intel FPGA Device Transceiver as a PHY layer and thus eliminates need for external PHY for USB 3.1
- Supports High, Full and Low Speed modes using External USB 2.0 PHY
- Simple FIFO interface to transfer data over non-control endpoint. Capable to support up to 31 endpoints
- Supported Device Family : Arria10 (Gen2 @10Gbps); Cyclone10(Gen2 @10Gbps); CycloneV(Gen1 @5Gbps); ArriaV(Gen1 @5Gbps)
For Arria10 (up to Gen 2 10Gbps Interface) uses ~16244 ALM and ~76 M20K Memory. For Cyclone10 (up to Gen 2 10Gbps Interface) uses ~16395 ALM and ~73 M20K Memory. For Cyclone V (up to Gen 1 5Gbps Interface) uses ~5600 ALM and ~63 M10K Memory. For Arria V (up to Gen 1 5Gbps Interface) uses ~5510 ALM and ~66 M10K Memory.
1. Request an Evaluation version with License from http://www.slscorp.com/licensing/ip-licensing.html. 2. An email send to download the IP Core and the license file to compile the Quartus II design. 3. The IP Core installs documents including tutorial, software guide, reference design, Nios II driver and examples, Windows driver and examples and testing applications. 4. Integrate and test in your design. 5. Reference documents are also available at http://www.slscorp.com/ip-cores/communication/eusb-3-1-gen-2-device-controller-eusb31sf.html For any question or support, contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IP Quality Metrics
|Year IP was first released||2016|
|Latest version of Quartus supported||17.0|
|Altera Customer Use|
|IP has been successfully implemented in production with at least one customer||Y|
Customer deliverables include the following:
|Any additional customer deliverables provided with IP||Nios II HAL Object Library & Application example, Windows Driver and Application example|
|Parameterization GUI allowing end user to configure IP||Y|
|IP core is enabled for OpenCore Plus Support||Y|
|Software drivers provided||Y|
|Driver OS support||Windows, Linux|
|IP-XACT Metadata included||N|
|Simulators supported||ModelSim for Intel FPGA|
|Hardware validated||Y. Altera Board Name Intel Arria10GXKit;Intel Arria10 SoCKit; Intel Cyclone10GX Kit; CycloneV Dev Kit; iWave Arria 10 SOM|
|Industry standard compliance testing performed||N|
|If No, is it planned?||Y|
|IP has undergone interoperability testing||N|
|Interoperability reports available||N|
Design Solutions Network Members provide products and/or services that are sold or licensed by the Member and not Altera or its affiliates. Altera and its affiliates hereby disclaim any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, noninfringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose with respect to any such products and/or services.