The DE2 series has consistently been at the forefront of educational development boards by distinguishing itself with an abundance of interfaces to accommodate various application needs. Extending its leadership and success, Terasic announces the latest DE2-115 that features the Cyclone IV E device. Responding to increased versatile low-cost spectrum needs driven by the demand for mobile video, voice, data access, and the hunger for high-quality images, the new DE2-115 offers an optimal balance of low cost, low power and a rich supply of logic, memory and DSP capabilities. The DE2-115 adopts similar features from the earlier DE2 series primarily the DE2-70, as well as additional interfaces to support mainstream protocols including Gigabit Ethernet (GbE). A High-Speed Mezzanine Card (HSMC) connector is provided to support additional functionality and connectivity via HSMC daughter cards and cables. For large-scale ASIC prototype development, a connection can be made with two or more FPGA-based boards by means of a HSMC cable through the HSMC connector. The Cyclone EP4CE115 device equipped on the DE2-115 features 114,480 logic elements (LEs), the largest offered in the Cyclone IV E series, up to 3.9-Mbits of RAM, and 266 multipliers. In addition, it delivers an unprecedented combination of low cost and functionality, and lower power compared to previous generation Cyclone devices.
- EPCS64; On-board USB-Blaster;JTAG and AS mode configuration supported
- 128MB SDRAM; 2MB SRAM; 8MB Flash; EEPROM
- SPI and 4-bit SD mode; USB 2.0 host & device with Windows driver
- 2 Gigabit Ethernets; High Speed Mezzanine Card (HSMC)
- 40-pin Expansion Port; RS232 port; VGA out; TV decoder; line-in & out, and microphone-in jacks
- DE2-115 System Builder - create a Quartus II project with top-level design file, pin assignments, and I/O standard settings automatically.
- Memory & Multimedia Reference Designs
- Schematic and Mechanical Drawing
- DE2-115 Control Panel - access various peripherals on the FPGA board from a host computer.
- SD card and Web Server Demonstrations
|doc-us-dsnbk-42-1404062209-de2-115-user-manual.pdf||DE2-115 User Manual||1.0|
Board Quality Metrics
|Latest version of Quartus supported||13.0|
|Required Collateral Available|
|Reliability / Quality Assurance|
Defects per Million Opportunities (DPMO)
|Parts per Million (PPM)||1376|
|Return Material Authorization (RMA) Policy||If you want to make a return, please write an email to us within 7 days after you’ve received the product. The product must be unopened. (If the package is damaged upon receipt, please take photos and inform us immediately.) For more details, please visit: RMA.Terasic.com|
|CE Compliant||N. N/A|
|Conflict Mineral Policy Compliant
|Test Plan Summary|
Reference Designs from System CD for customers to access all the peripherals on board.
|ISO 9000 & 9001
Design Solutions Network Members provide products and/or services that are sold or licensed by the Member and not Altera or its affiliates. Altera and its affiliates hereby disclaim any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, noninfringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose with respect to any such products and/or services.