Altera is committed to conducting its business operations in a manner that sustains the environment and protects the health and safety of its employees. An Environmental Management System has been implemented for the good of our business, community, and company. Altera strives for continuous improvement in its EHS program and has set forth the following objectives:
- Compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
- Consideration for employee safety and well being. Identify conditions in the workplace that may present health and safety concerns to Altera® employees. Mitigate potential exposures through assertive risk management and training.
- Conservation of energy and natural resources. Seek innovative methods to reduce electrical consumption. Minimize waste through source reduction, recycling, and disposal in an environmentally sound manner. As illustrated by our green initiatives timeline, environmental concerns have been a part of Altera's corporate culture for decades.
- Cooperation and positive relationships with our suppliers and subcontractors. Encourage alignment with our EHS policy and ensure Altera semiconductors do not contain banned substances.
- Communication of Altera's EHS policy to employees, partners, and associates.