This design example shows the use of MicroC/OS-II and NicheStack TCP/IP Stack in Nios® II Software Build Tools for Eclipse (Nios II SBT for Eclipse). It demonstrates a socket server using the NicheStack TCP/IP Stack – Nios II Edition on MicroC/OS-II. The design example consists of a socket server task that listens for commands on a TCP/IP port and dispatches those commands to a set of LED management tasks. This design example is not a complete implementation of a telnet server.
Using This Design Example
- Using the NicheStack TCP/IP Stack - Nios II Edition Tutorial provides details and instructions on running the design example.
- Nichestack_tutorial.zip contains the C files required to run the design as explained in the document.
- Nios II Ethernet Standard design example provides the hardware platform on which the design runs.
The use of this design is governed by, and subject to, the terms and conditions of the Altera Hardware Reference Design License Agreement.
The software examples are designed to run on the Nios II Ethernet Standard design example. The Nios II Ethernet Standard design example page of the Altera website contains the hardware design files for a number of Altera development boards. Navigate to the web page and locate the Nios II Ethernet Standard design example .zip file that corresponds to your board.
For more information about using this example in your project, go to:
- Using the NicheStack TCP/IP Stack - Nios II Edition Tutorial (PDF)
- Nios II Ethernet Standard design example
- Nios II Literature
Design Examples Disclaimer
These design examples may only be used within Altera devices and remain the property of Altera Corporation. They are being provided on an “as-is” basis and as an accommodation; therefore, all warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind (whether express, implied, or statutory) including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, or fitness for a particular purpose, are specifically disclaimed. Altera expressly does not recommend, suggest, or require that these examples be used in combination with any other product not provided by Altera.