Downloading and Installing Altera Software
You download software from the Download Center. You have several options for downloading software, software updates, and additional device support. The method you choose depends on your download speed, design requirements, and installation method.
- System requirements (hardware, software, and cables and ports)
- Downloading a bundled set of software and device files in .tar format
- Downloading individual executable files for customized download and installation
- Downloading DVD .iso files that you burn to a disc and install in different locations
- Downloading and installing additional device support and software
- Downloading and installing software updates
If you want the complete Altera software package and device support for all supported families, you should use the .tar or .iso formats. If you want to download select elements of the software, additional software, or additional device support, you should use the individual executable files.
Note: If you use a 64-bit Linux operating system, you must install certain 32-bit libraries to run the ModelSim-Altera Edition software. Refer to the software prerequisites for complete details.
For additional information, refer to:
Setting Environment Variables
The software installation process initializes environment variables. You can modify these variables using the Windows Control panel or by editing your Linux shell environment settings to optimize your system performance. Learn about:
For detailed help with licensing Altera software, refer to: