You must install the ByteBlasterMV, ByteBlaster II, or ByteBlaster download cable driver before you can use them to program devices with the Quartus® II software or MAX+PLUS® II software.
You must have system administration (Administrator) privileges to install the ByteBlaster II, ByteBlasterMV, or ByteBlaster download cable drivers.
- Click on the Start menu, choose Settings, and click on Control Panel.
- Double-click the Multimedia icon in the Control Panel window.
- Click the Devices tab.
- Click the Add button.
- Select Unlisted or Updated Driver from the List of Drivers list box and click OK.
- Browse to the drivers directory of your Quartus II software or MAX+PLUS II software installation and click OK.
- Click OK in the Install Driver window.
- Select Altera® ByteBlaster or Altera ByteBlaster II in the Add Unlisted or Updated Driver window and click OK.
- Restart the PC.
- Complete your installation by setting up programming hardware