Before You Install
To install the MAX+PLUS® II BASELINE software, you need the following:
- The installation file — baseline10_2.exe
- A license file — license.dat
Installing the Software
If you are comfortable installing the software, skip to Setting up Licensing. MAX+PLUS II BASELINE software version 10.2 is supported on Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows NT version 4.0. To install the MAX+PLUS II BASELINE software, perform the steps below. (You may wish to print out these instructions for reference.)
- Execute the baseline10_2.exe file. Double-click the file name in Windows Explorer (Windows 98/2000/XP) or Windows NT Explorer (Windows NT version 4.0).
- The MAX+PLUS II software installation wizard will launch. In the Welcome page, click Next.
- After reading the license agreement, click Yes.
- After reading the message in the Information page, click Next.
- Enter your name and company in the User Information page and click Next.
- Choose the items you wish to install in the Select Components page. The BASELINE software, on-line help, and read.me files will be selected for installation by default.
- The BASELINE software installs files into two directories: maxplus2 and max2work. The installation program specifies the c:\maxplus2 and c:\max2work directories by default. If you have a previous installation of MAX+PLUS II software, Altera recommends that you install the MAX+PLUS II BASELINE version 10.1 software into another directory. You can click on the Browse button to create or search for a directory (click OK to save your choice). Click Next when you are finished.
- Specify a destination folder for the work directory by clicking Browse and then Next.
- Select a program folder in which the installation program will add program icons. The default folder is MAX+PLUS II 10.2 Baseline. Click Next to begin installation.
- When installation is complete, you will be back at your desktop. You can view the MAX+PLUS II 10.2 read.me file by selecting it from the MAX+PLUS II 10.2 Baseline menu in the Start menu.
- Continue the installation by setting up your license file. When you finish setting up licensing, you will have successfully installed and licensed the MAX+PLUS II BASELINE version 10.2 software.
For more information about the MAX+PLUS II software, refer to the following:
- MAX+PLUS II product information
- MAX+PLUS II BASELINE read.me
- MAX+PLUS II Getting Started manual version 8.1 — also available in 4 sections: