Evaluation and Getting Started
- Do I need a license file to use Altera® software or IP?
- How do I get a license file for Altera software or IP?
- Do I need a license to evaluate Altera software or IP?
- Do I have to know what machine(s) an Altera software or IP product will be hosted on before placing an order?
- I just bought a software subscription and/or an IP core license and received an email. How do I get my license?
- Am I the only person who can view and obtain licenses?
- What is a companion license?
- What is a checkout license?
- Why hasn't my license file arrived by email yet?
- How do I set up a license?
- Do I need to activate my software?
- Where can I get a license for the Quartus II Web Edition for versions prior to 8.1?
- Where can I get information on the release dates for different software versions?
- How do I know whether I am purchasing a perpetual or non perpetual license?
- How can I purchase Altera software online?
A. You need a valid license file to run the following software:
- Quartus Prime Pro or Standard Edition, Quartus II subscription edition
- MAX+PLUS II
- ModelSim-Altera Edition
- DSP Builder
- Intellectual property (IP) MegaCore®
Quartus Prime Lite Edition, Quartus II Web Edition software, ModelSim-Altera Starter Edition software, and Altera IP megafunctions do not require license files.
2. Q. How do I get a license file for Altera software or IP?
A. You can request a license file by logging on to the new Self-Service Licensing Center page using your Altera ID. If you do not already have an Altera ID, you can register for one on this site.
3. Q. Do I need a license to evaluate Altera software or IP?
A. You do not need a license to evaluate the Quartus Prime or Quartus II software; the evaluation period is 30 days. A license file is required to evaluate DSP Builder softwares. Your local Altera sales person can provide you with the license. Altera IP is enabled for no-cost OpenCore Plus evaluation immediately upon installation. No license file is required. AN320: OpenCore Plus Evaluation of Megafunctions (PDF) details the OpenCore Plus evaluation flow.
4. Q. Do I have to know what machine(s) an Altera software or IP product will be hosted on before placing an order?
A. No, this information is not required when order. You can view your licenses, assign them to machines, and get a license by visiting the Self-Service Licensing Center page.
5. Q. I just bought a software subscription and/or an IP core license and received an email. How do I get my license?
A. The email you received has a URL that will take you directly to the Self-Service Licensing Center page. Simply log in using your Altera ID and follow the Create New Licenses steps.
6. Q. Am I the only person who can view and obtain licenses?
A. Two user types are assigned to each product license; an adminstrator and a licensed user. If you are the administrator and the license user is shown as 'unassigned' on the Self-Service Licensing Center page, you are the only person who can view and obtain licenses. If you assign the license to another user, the licensed user can also view and obtain licenses.
7. Q. What is a companion license?
A. A companion license grants license portability to a fixed product license. Each fixed product can be assigned to up to three computers: an office, a lab, and a home computer as long as all are only used by the same person. The license grant restricts the user to only one computer at a time.
8. Q. What is a checkout license?
A. A Checkout license enables portability for users with only floating seat licenses. The license administrator can issue a two-week fixed license allowing one of the users to have access to the same product licenses from the network while traveling with a laptop.
9. Q.Why hasn't my license file arrived by email yet?
A. Although most license files are sent a few minutes after they are requested, it may take up to 24 hours for you to receive a license file after requesting it. You will not receive the license file if the email address provided was incorrect. You can also access your license by going to the License History section in the Self-Service Licensing Center.
10. Q. How do I set up a license?
A. You can find instructions about how to set up licenses for Altera software in Altera Software Installation and Licensing Manual (PDF) and MAX+PLUS II licensing page.
11. Q. Do I need to activate my software?
A. Yes, if you purchase a product software online from the Altera eStore you must activate it before you can obtain a license. Also, if you do not see a maintenance expiration date for your license on the Self-Service Licensing Center page, you must first activate your product software. For further assistance, please contact us.
12. Q. Where can I get a license for the Quartus II Web Edition software for versions prior to 8.1?
A. You can get a license using the Legacy License Generator.
13. Q. Where can I get information on the release dates for different Quartus Prime or Quartus II versions?
A. This information is available on the Design Software Archives page.
14. Q. How do I know whether I am purchasing a perpetual or non perpetual license?
A. Only licenses for development kits are non-perpetual licenses. Licenses for other softwares are perpetual licenses.
15. Q. How can I purchase Altera software online?
A. To purchase Altera software online, please click on Buy Online and select Design Software. Once the license order is placed, the license will be process and available in Self Service Licensing Center within 2-7 days. An email notification will be send out to user once process has completed. For more information on buy online, please refer here or kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org