Altera delivers all intellectual property (IP) as MegaCore® IPs that are built into the Quartus® II software. The portfolio includes IP for protocol and memory interfaces, digital signal processing (DSP), embedded processors, and related peripherals. All the IP cores have been thoroughly tested and verified on hardware to provide you the assurance that they will work well together in your system.
Altera's free OpenCore Plus IP evaluation feature allows you to perform the following actions with all licensed Altera® IP cores and many partner IP cores:
- Simulate the core performance and functionality within your system
- Verify the IP independently or within an entire design to quickly evaluate resource utilization and timing closure
- Generate time-limited device programming files for designs that incorporate MegaCore functions or partner IP
- Program a device and verify the design in hardware
See Application Note 320: OpenCore Plus Evaluation of Megafunctions (PDF) for a complete description and guide to using the OpenCore Plus IP evaluation feature.
Purchasing and Licensing
No license keys are required for OpenCore Plus IP evaluation of Altera IP cores. Third-party IP cores are delivered by the partner for evaluation with the appropriate license key.
Altera licenses MegaCore functions on a per-seat, perpetual basis. The license fee includes first-year maintenance and support. You must renew the maintenance contract to receive updates, bug fixes, and technical support beyond the first year.
You must obtain a full license for the Altera MegaCore IP core to generate programming files that you may use for an unlimited time. To obtain a license file, visit the Self-Service Licensing Center or contact your local Altera representative.
- Help with Altera’s MegaCore IP products is available in the IP Support section.
- Legal Notice—Altera's MegaCore License Agreement governs the installation and use of all MegaCore IP. The Software Subscription License Agreement governs the installation and use of the Quartus II design software and the rest of the Altera IP catalog, including Qsys components.