Table 1 lists the operating system (OS) support for the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition software, Quartus Prime Standard Edition software, Quartus Prime Lite Edition software, ModelSim*-Intel FPGA Edition software, ModelSim-Intel FPGA Starter Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS), DSP Builder for Intel FPGAs, and Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL™.
Table 1: OS Support for Intel FPGA Complete Design Suite Version 17.0(1)
|Windows 10||Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Enterprise||Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 5.10||Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.8||Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3|
|Quartus Prime Pro Edition software||-||(5)|
|Quartus Prime Standard Edition software||(5)|
|Quartus Prime Lite Edition software||
|ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition software||
|ModelSim-Intel FPGA Starter Edition software||(2)||(2)(3)||(2)||(2)||(2)||(2)||(2)|
|Nios II EDS Pro||-|
|Nios II EDS Standard||
|DSP Builder for Intel FPGAs||
|Quartus Prime Stand-Alone Programmer||
|Intel SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite Pro||
|Intel SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite Standard||
|Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL||
- Starting with ACDS v14.0, Intel FPGA software only supports 64 bit versions of the OS listed in Table 1, unless specified.
- The 32 bit library files are required to run the software on Linux 64 bit platforms.
- Windows 8.0 only.
- Both 32 bit and 64 bit are supported.
- Only KDE desktop manager is supported.
For more information about software system requirements, refer to the following pages:
- Quartus Prime Pro Edition Software page
- Quartus Prime Standard Edition Software page
- Quartus Prime Lite Edition Software page
- Release notes and readme.txt files for ModelSim software in Table 2
- Nios II Embedded Design Suite Legacy Tools page
- DSP Builder page
For information about system memory requirements for designs targeting different Intel FPGA device architectures, refer to:
- Quartus Prime Standard Edition Software Device Support Release Notes (PDF)
- Quartus Prime Pro Edition Software Device Support Release Notes (PDF)
For detailed information about the ACDS, refer to the readme.txt files in Table 2.
Table 2 lists the release notes and readme.txt files for current and past Quartus Prime and Quartus II software versions along with the corresponding ModelSim software versions.
Table 2: Release Notes and readme.txt Files
|Quartus Software Version||ModelSim Software Version|
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
Product is based on a published Khronos Specification, and has passed the Khronos Conformance Testing Process. Current conformance status can be found at www.khronos.org/conformance.