ModelSim*-Intel FPGA Edition Software
- Recommended for simulating all FPGA designs (Arria®, Cyclone®, Stratix® series FPGA designs, and MAX® series CPLDs)
- 33 percent faster simulation performance than ModelSim-Intel FPGA Starter Edition software
- No line limitations
- Buy today for $1,995
- Mixed-language support
ModelSim-Intel FPGA Starter Edition Software
- Support for simulating small FPGA designs
- 10,000 executable line limitations
- Free, no license required
- Mixed-language support
ModelSim-Intel FPGA Software Products
|Product Details||ModelSim-Intel FPGA Starter Edition||ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition (1)|
No license required
$1,995, includes software
$1,695 for renewalBuy
|Quartus® Prime design software
|Quartus Prime Lite Edition, Standard Edition, and Pro Edition software|
|Device support||All Intel FPGA devices
(Including MAX CPLDs, Arria, Cyclone, and Stratix series FPGAs)
|Mixed-language support||Mixed-language support|
|Operating system (OS) support||Windows, Linux (more details)|
Design size support
10,000 executable line limit
|All design sizes (2)
No line limitations
- The ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition software requires a valid license. The ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition software license expires 12 months after the date of purchase. Every 12 months you must regenerate your license file in the Self-Service Licensing Center to renew your license for the specific ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition software version that you purchased.
- ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition software supports designs of up to 3,000 instances. Instances from our pre-compiled libraries do not count towards the 3,000 instance limitation.
Intel licenses Mentor Graphics* ModelSim-Intel FPGA simulation software to customers with Quartus Prime design software. Both ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition and ModelSim-Intel FPGA Starter Edition are available for Lite Edition, Standard Edition and Pro Edition software users.
- ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition—A license is required (paid)
- ModelSim-Intel FPGA Starter Edition—No license is required (free)
Shorten your FPGA verification time by using the ModelSim-Intel FPGA software in your FPGA design flow. ModelSim-Intel FPGA software supports behavioral and gate-level simulations, including VHDL or Verilog testbenches for all Intel FPGA devices.
Learn how to perform a functional and a timing simulation with the Mentor Graphics ModelSim-Intel FPGA software
ModelSim-Intel FPGA Software Q & A
No. ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition software only supports our gate-level libraries. The ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition software includes the base features of ModelSim PE, including behavioral simulation, HDL testbenches, and Tcl scripting. However, ModelSim PE optional features are not supported in the ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition software and the simulation performance of the ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition software is slower than that of the ModelSim PE/DE software.
ModelSim-Intel FPGA Starter Edition software is the same as ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition software except for two areas. ModelSim-Intel FPGA Starter Edition's simulation performance is lower than ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition's, and has a line limit of 10,000 executable lines compared to the unlimited number of lines allowed in the ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition software.
Does ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition software support dual-language simulation?
Yes. Starting with Quartus Prime software v15.0, the ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition software supports dual-language simulation. This includes designs that are written in a combination of Verilog, System Verilog, and VHDL languages, also known as mixed HDL.
Contact your local Mentor Graphics sales office to upgrade your ModelSim-Intel FPGA software to ModelSim PE/DE software or Questa advanced simulator. Contact information is available on the Mentor Graphics website.
Does ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition software support all three editions of Quartus Prime software?