Developed in partnership with ARM, the ARM* Development Studio 5* (DS-5*) Intel® SoC FPGA Edition is an end-to-end suite of tools for embedded C/C++ software development on any Intel SoC FPGAs. It combines almost all features of the ARM DS-5 Professional Edition with powerful FPGA-adaptive debugging capabilites, providing unmatched visibility and control of your SoC FPGA.
- The ARM DS-5 Intel SoC FPGA Edition tool is installed as part of the Intel SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite (SoC EDS).
- Learn more about the DS-5 tool from ARM.
Comprehensive Development Environment
|Eclipse-based IDE provides a great workbench with ARM's assembly editor and project management tools||Compile and build code for small footprint and high performance using ARM Compiler 5 or ARM Compiler 6||Debug Bare-metal, Linux*, and Android application code with low-cost Intel FPGA Download Cable II||Optimize and make your application more efficient with Streamline and Trace|
- Cross-trigger and debug across the CPU-FPGA boundary to find hidden bugs
- Correlate events between the FPGA and CPU along with timestamps
- Begin bare-metal debug with the low-cost Intel FPGA Download Cable II
- Improve productivity by importing custom intellectual property (IP) register definitions from the Intel Qsys system integration tool and the Intel Quartus® Prime software
- Unleash the power of the CoreSight* System Trace Macrocell (STM) Debug architecture
- View timeline charts and heat maps for software that executes on target
- Profile the system accurately by finding the CPU utilization per function non-intrusively
- Debug multiple processor cores simultaneously and control them individually
- With Streamline, visualize the performance bottlenecks in your embedded Linux or Android application
- Set up and configure the ARM performance counters to dig deeper.
- Optimize your code for the best performance
ARM Development Studio 5 for Intel SoC FPGAs
Available with Paid License for SoC EDS Standard and Pro Editions
DS-5 Comunity Edition
Available with Free License for SoC EDS Standard and Pro Editions
The ARM Development Studio 5 (DS-5) Intel SoC FPGA Edition is license managed. The license shipped with select Intel SoC FPGA development kits includes 1-year support and maintanence from ARM starting at the date of purchase or renewal. The ARM Development Studio 5 for Intel SoC FPGAs supports all ARM processor subsystems on Intel SoC FPGAs and provides exceptional bare-metal debug and trace capabilities. It includes the ARM Compiler 5/6 so you can optimize your code for size and performance.
DS-5 Community Edition is free, allowing access to a limited feature enabling Android and Linux application debug. With Linux and Android OS-awareness, DS-5 Community Edition is ideally suited for application-level development.
See the comparison table and release history below for details.
|Feature||ARM DS-5 Community Edition||
ARM DS-5 Intel SoC FPGA Edition
|Application Performance Analysis||Streamline Performance Analysis||Limited Subset|
|Bare-Metal Debug||Intel FPGA Download Cable II|
|Linux Kernel Debug|
|Processor Trace||Coresight STM Trace|
|ARM Compiler 5|
|ARM Compiler 6|
|OS Application Debug||Linux Application debug (GDB)|
|Android Application debug (ADB)|
|Price||Activation Code or Serial Number||Free with SoC EDS Installation||
For a complete comparison chart for all editions of the DS-5 tool, visit ARM.
SoC EDS / DS-5 Release History
|Nov 2013||May 2014||Nov 2014||May 2015||Nov 2015||May 2016||Nov 2016||May 2017|
|SoC EDS Version||13.1||14.0||14.1||15.0||15.1||16.0||16.1||17.0|
|DS-5 Version (included in SoC EDS)||5.15.0||5.18.0||5.20.0||5.20.2||5.22.0||5.23.1||5.25||
5.25 (SoC EDS Standard)
5.26.2 (SoC EDS Pro)